Twisted Knee, really swollen, quite sore, can just about walk
Yesterday while playing flag football, as I was going to tackle a guy I twisted my left knee and fell straight to the ground. It was quite painful initially but after a few seconds I was able to get up and limp off the field, as I limped away the pain went away but I was stil limping and there was a little pain sometimes, I had to drive home(stick shift) and it was quite painful. I was able to walk if I kept my left knee from moving, I couldn't straighten it anyway it was too swollen. I woke up a few times last night and found it difficult to get back to sleep because of the pain anytime I moved my knee or left it still for a while. This morning its still really swollen its sore, especially to walk(which is difficult but not impossible). Its swollen all around the whole knee area, at the front, back and sides. But I think for some reason the right side seems a little more swollen(almost like a lump) and is soft, I can also feel the pain more on that side. There is no clicking or noise or anything like that, just swelling and pain.
Any idea whats wrong? Do you think it is an injury that will heal itsself?
The swelling is due to the injury, inflammation and sometime blood gets collected and it is called a hematoma and the swelling is quite marked.

You would need to ice your knees, take anti inflammatory drugs and rest for couple of days. If there is no healing and progression of symptoms go for an orthopedic check up and follow up with an X-ray and an MRI for proper diagnosis.

Take care!