Twisted Knee Injury
The other day while standing still, I suddenly turned my right knee to run away from a bee.  As soon as I did this, I felt lot's of pain in my knee.  I have no swelling, but do have pain when walking and when going downhill or downstairs.  It seems now that my leg is a tiny bit unstable.  Or maybe I am just very afraid to twist it again?  Either way, I am having trouble walking and keeping balance, seeing that my knee hurts.  AND...I keep injuring it over and over.  All I have to do is take a wrong step, and the pain is back and even stronger.  

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my knee/leg?  I really am trying to avoid my Dr, seeing that I have had some other leg problems this year, and he has been a little slack in resolving the problem.

Also, any ideas what I can do to keep my knee from re-injuring again?

Thanks in advance!
I would like to add, that I now don't have much pain in the knee area, except when walking.  Also, I did re-injure my leg today on some unlevel asphalt, and now i have pain going down my shin, and the bottom of my heel is numb.

Any help would be appreciated!