Orthopedics Community
Twisted Knee Injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Twisted Knee Injury

The other day while standing still, I suddenly turned my right knee to run away from a bee.  As soon as I did this, I felt lot's of pain in my knee.  I have no swelling, but do have pain when walking and when going downhill or downstairs.  It seems now that my leg is a tiny bit unstable.  Or maybe I am just very afraid to twist it again?  Either way, I am having trouble walking and keeping balance, seeing that my knee hurts.  AND...I keep injuring it over and over.  All I have to do is take a wrong step, and the pain is back and even stronger.  

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my knee/leg?  I really am trying to avoid my Dr, seeing that I have had some other leg problems this year, and he has been a little slack in resolving the problem.

Also, any ideas what I can do to keep my knee from re-injuring again?

Thanks in advance!
I would like to add, that I now don't have much pain in the knee area, except when walking.  Also, I did re-injure my leg today on some unlevel asphalt, and now i have pain going down my shin, and the bottom of my heel is numb.

Any help would be appreciated!