Type I fracture of the right head of the radius
2 weeks ago I suffered a type 1 non-dislocated fracture to my right elbow involving the head of the radius. Healing is going well, but I am now aware that there may be permanent inability to straighten my right arm (extend) at the elbow as I can do for my left arm. If the bone is healing back to normal, why is there a potential to not recover 100% the ability to extend my right arm at the elbow?  I would like to know the reason for this potential problem so I can, with physical therapy, be more aware of what I have to do to recover fully if at all possible.
Hi there!

I do not see a reason of reduced inability to extend the arm after the fracture has healed well, unless there have been associated injuries as well. There may be some stiffness due to disuse during casting which should get better with time and physiotherapy once the cast is removed.
Hope this helps.

Take care!