Orthopedics Community
Ulnar Nerve Transpostion, Median Nerve Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ulnar Nerve Transpostion, Median Nerve Pain

Had Ulnar Nerve Transpostion surgery 6 weeks ago and now I am having extreme pain in my Median Nerve, Have not had any feeling in my fingers since my nerve block was done before surgery? What should I do?

thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
You should go to a neurologist to check for functioning of your nerves both Ulnar nerve and median nerve. (Present status) You need to know about the complications of the block, and was it perfectly given?
You would need to start some Physical therapy and discuss all options with the neurologist.
Take care!
Blank
Hi!

Another thing we want to add here is it takes long time for a nerve to get its function back. Sometimes it takes couple of years.
It’ll probably take more than a year for the nerve to repair itself if your nerve has been compressed pretty bad for which the surgeon had to go for Ulnar nerve transposition surgery.
Recovery depends on how bad the damage to the Ulnar never was and the type of procedure done.
Medicated creams and stretching exercises to continue.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank