Orthopedics Community
Ulnar nerve issues?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ulnar nerve issues?

About five months ago I fell on my hand outstretched while playing basketball, which resulted in me getting a radial head fracture on my left elbow and also dislocating my ulnar nerve. By the latter discovery I mean that the ulnar nerve pops in and out of the groove when I subflex (I think that's proper terminology) at about 90 degrees. The orthopedist says my ulnar nerve on the right elbow is also pretty lose, which may be true, but the ulnar nerve is still intact there (not popping in and out). Anyway, he told me that I can just forget about it and continue on with my life.

But after reading some articles online I became increasingly worried. I saw some doctors that said some the ulnar nerve passing over the bone it's passing over is going to irritate it, and in the long run might lead to cubital tunnel syndrome. What I am wondering is whether I can work out safely with this injury, or whether mere pressure on my elbow may be problematic? Can I do workouts in the gym that don't involve flexing my elbow in such a way that my ulnar nerve will pop in and out of the groove?