Orthopedics Community
Unable to bend thumb.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unable to bend thumb.

I was tying my shoe and did pull the knot tight with my thumb, but when I went to tie second shoe noticed I could not bend my thumb at all.  Now after 3 days still can't bend my thumb.  No pain except  top of palm if I straighten my hand fully.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Inability to bend the thumb can be due to flexor tendon injury. It can cause pain on the palm side of thumb base. Treatment usually involves ice packs, splinting, pain medications and rest to thumb. This is followed by active physiotherapy. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Thank you for your helpful answer.  I will be seeing my dr. as I still can't bend it after over a week.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...