Orthopedics Community
Uneven hips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Uneven hips

My hips are uneven and I have been having terrible aching pains throughout my left leg to where my ankle feels as if I have arthritis or something, and now it is down to where I have pain in my heel. I also have pains in my hip. I am not sure if this is due to my uneven hips, but the pain seems to get worse as time goes on. Is this due to uneven hips, or a different issue? And what could I do to lessen the pains and aches?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

“Uneven hips” can be due to true leg length differences, injuries & fractures in the leg or hop, even an imbalance in the feet and some types of developmental anomalies.  There is no blanket fix for this as the actual cause needs to be evaluated, then treated accordingly and I would suggest you visit an orthopedician.

If required a chiropractor will help you out for movements.

Wear proper footwear and the primary problem may be causing your foot problems.

Take care!