Upper back/shoulder pain
I've had pain in my upper back between the shoulder and neck for about a month.  The pain starts midway between my shoulder and neck and is normally a dull ache but sometimes is more sharp if I move in the "wrong" direction.  At times the pain runs down into my shoulder and arm.  I am a 43 year-old male.  I had my heart checked...it is very strong.  My chiropractor said my top rib was out of position and was pulling on two muscles.  It was realigned about a week ago but has not gotten any better.  Any suggestions?
Hi, the pain between shoulder blades may be caused by a number of factors. The pain may be sourced from inflammation of the tissues or tendons surrounding the scapula or the shoulder blade. Although pain between shoulder blades may signal that there is something wrong with the tissues, joints, ligaments or muscles around and within the shoulder region. This may be caused by too much stress or too much time spent in front of the computer. This may also indicate a posture problem. You need a cervical X ray and probably MRI of shoulder joint. I hope this helps.