Orthopedics Community
Upper inner thigh pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Upper inner thigh pain

HI,
I have a periodic pain in my upper inner thigh, it is not a constant pain, it happens every now and than, but it is very strong pain. It happen usually when I try to stand up, the pain is in my right inner thigh in the upper section towards the hip, so when I try to stand up and make a step with the right leg (when the weight is on that leg) I feel an intense pain in the thigh, I can stand or even flex my leg for about a minute and then it passes. I don't have any bruises or sweling, I am not overweight and I am 22 years.
Can someone please tell what to do, should I visit my doctor or is this not a serious problem?
The pain experienced by you could be due to Sacro-iliac joint inflammation, Sciatica, Ankylosing Spondylitis or other neurological conditions. Taking an appointment with a neurologist will be a good idea.