Walking cast on left ankle
3 Months ago I fell at gymnastics and was told I had an avulsion fracture to my left ankle. They put me in a walking boot for 2 months but it only got worse. Nothing showed up on the x-ray so they did an MRI. It showed another fracture in the ankle and they put a walking cast on. I get my cast off in 3 days which will make it a month that I had the walking cast on. Should I expect them to put me back in the boot, or a brace? I'm not having much pain at all anymore. What should I expect when I go back?
Hello!

Yes, with any foot bone fractures you would need at least 8-12 weeks of immobilization. Your orthopedician will go for a present day X-ray and then will follow up with boot.

Depending on your healing; your doctor will take the position for the total period further required for wearing the boot.

Take care!

Thanks!