Orthopedics Community
Wallis ligament and disectomy op, what is it like after

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I have a herniate disc, awful pain as it bust  October last year - agony, worse than childbirth. Nothing has been successful to sort this out. A steroid injection in my spine relieved the pain only for 2 days. so disppoitning.

I have pain on the left of my lower back (L4/5) that goes down to by buttocks and all the a down my leg. I have been  unable to anything at home for a long time. I have had back problems on and off since before the bust disc.

I was interested in some messages where an op to take out the disc and replace with artificail one , was mentioned.
I am having that op on Monday. I read on here  that they are not always successful.
I am in so much pain - worst part in lower left leg where is feels like my bones from knee to ankle are made of shards of glass andthey are stabbing into my ankle.

I wanted to know about the op - how painful is it afterwards?
I just want to get rid of this pain Surely it can't be worse that this?

Thank you for listening to me

Sooz120 x x

This discussion is related to I can't take the pain anymore.