Weight Bearing test
For patiets with ulnar sided wrist pain, it is valuable to understand your weight bearing tolerance.  This test is performed by using a non digital scale and pushing to the point of pain.  Compare with the other wrist.  Then, take some athletic tape (non elastic) and wrap the wrist tightly and retest.  If your pain decreases and weight bearing increases, then you should conclude that this support is important to allow the TFCC to rest with normal function.  Wearing this support for 4-12 weeks continuously might solve your problem. Check out http://tfccinjury.blogspot.com for more information.  If you have ECU and or ulnar nerve problems, you will not see a change in weight bearing with this test and will not find resolve with this conservative treatment.

Where would you recommend I go to have an independent facility continue my research with an IRB?

Mahalo,
Wendy Howard, OTR, CHT, Clinical Research Coordinator