Orthopedics Community
What can I do to fix duck feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

What can I do to fix duck feet

I'm 15 and about a year and a half ago I was in physical therapy for my knees. When I was there I was given orthotics because I am flat footed. I was also doing lots of excersises to correct my duck feet. Since they weren't helping my knees my therapist gave up. At karate my instructor is constantly on me about my feet turning out. He has me do stretches, wall seats and above all yells. This is making my knees worse. This is very annoying and now he has the whole class on my case. How can I fix my duck feet? His way isn't working so is there another way or will this be a life long problem?
Thanks for your help it is highly appreciated.
Avatar n tn
Have you ever had your femurs/hips x-rayed to see if the bone is twisted at all that can have a huge impact on how your feet are angled? good luck, achilles2
No I haven't.  Aldrin what I gathered from physical therapy though it is a muscle thing. How can I correct it assuming is is muscular?