What could be wrong with me?
I have had knee pain for two years on and off everytime it comes back its worse!

I have now had it for two months and today i cant even put weight on it and my other knee hurts too. I had x ray on them and it showing hardening and narrowing of the bones, my GP said this is common on xrays of elderly people not people my age and does not know the cause and referred me to specialist.

I  cant bend my knee for any longer than ten secs its painful
walking downstairs is painful
it gets stiff
and now its sore to walk
along with x ray showing bone narrowing and hardening

Any idead what this is as its soo painful and my appointment for specialst is months away
Sound like osteoarthritis (OA) which most often occurs in people over 45, but some younger people get it from a joint injury. Do you have any previous injury involving your knee? A torn cartilage, for example, can precipitate the process of OA.  Weight also plays an important role. Do you experience a creaking or cracking feeling within the joint?

In the meantime, bracing, splinting, and other orthotic treatments may be useful in “unloading” an arthritic joint surface.

Take care!

Hi Kurizu

yes i experience a cracking when bending. i am very underweight tho not over weight.and no iv never had any injury my gp asked this too. thats why i do confused my knee is looking like someones of an older age