Orthopedics Community
What is causing my wrist pain?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is causing my wrist pain?

Hey guys my right wrist has been hurting for over a week now. The pain is located on the back of my right wrist, and is specifically triggered when I try any pushing motions with my right hand. Pulling motions are completely fine. I think it might be a repeated stress related injury, as I cannot recall anything I have done that would have caused a wrist injury. I am a heavy weight lifter and I also play a lot of badminton, which is pretty wrist intensive. I suspect I have tendonitis, but I cannot really see any noticable swelling - it is just slightly painful when I do day-to-day general movements and very painful if I try to press with any force. I have kept my wrist tightly taped when playing badminton for the last week and have not experienced anything but minor pains when playing, and I have not been weight-lifting for a week. Any ideas on what's up with my wrist?
Tags: wrist, wrists, Pain