What should i do if I have locking,popping elbows?
For about a year my right elbow started to lock in place and it hurt if I tried to unlock it, and when i did it made a popping cracking sound, now my left and right arm are doing it, I play golf once in a blue moon but I dont think that it would cause it , i dont know whats wrong with my elbow but i dont want it to turn into arthitis Thank
Going for an orthopaedic examination is adviced.
Check your blood sugar for Diabetes. What is your age?

Sometimes with stress and stiffness due to immobility these problems occur.
If you are in your BMI levels and do mild exercise it is always fine.

Take an orthopaedic appointment for a routine examination.

Take care!
I am 16 now, I got my cholesterol checked recently and its 229 im trying to lower it now, I excerise kind of, not daily. I figure skate like 2-3 days a week (thats when i really excercise) and I play golf but its rare when I do, my elbows do lock and pop now about 3-4 times a day, Thanks please repond back if you have any suggestions on this. and I will find a orthopaedic and make an appointment
You have to take an orthopaedician appointment for proper examination to be sure that you have no problem.
As such at your age you will not have anything, there is no fear of arthritis even.
Try to exercise, swimming or whatever form of sports you enjoy to get yourself into normal BMI and get junk food out of your life.
This is the cause of Cholesterol!
Take care!
Thanks so much for helping me
I have reacurring locking in my left elbow which has been happening for 2 years now. I havent had any trauma to it so so not know why it started to lock. Nothing specific makes it lock it just happens very randomly. I have had an MRI scan and a CT scan on the elbow both came back clear. I also had a key hole exploratory operation on it with nothing found and yet it continues to lock and hurt when it does so.

Any idea what it could be would be most appreciated?
My elbow clicked, and locked, At a school trip. I got taken to hospital, they said I have a joint problem. This though may not be the reason, i found out that if your elbow joint/bone had maybe even slightly cracked when you were little (baby/toddler) it may have not been discovered and treated it, now is getting you back by sometimes locking in place. Hope I helped, this is very painful and I would get it checked as soon as possible