Aa
A
A
Close
What to do about a cyst inside the tibia bone?
My 16 year old daughter has a cyst inside her right tibia bone near the ankle.  It is about the size of a golf ball.  She has experienced a lot of pain, muscle spasms and her leg is cold in the area of the cyst.  We are getting her in with a doctor that specializes in tumors and cysts, but it may be a month or more before he can see her.  Should I be overly concerned?  I just talked with someone yesterday that had a bone cyst and shattered his arm just doing push-ups.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
454186_tn?1388978568
Small cyst that are not symptomatic or painful  usually require no treatment. if it's bigger.A non-surgical form of treatment is termed "needling" or doing push-up,but  this treatment has a 70% recurrence rate. The definitive treatment for a  cyst is surgical excision.very safe procedure,don't worry.
Good luck!
This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case. Zak Han
Comment
Cancel
454186_tn?1388978568
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for your insight.  I guess I know everything that you are saying.  Being a mother, I just need reassurance.  I'm sure the doctor will do what is best for her.  I just don't want her to injure herself further.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
What to do about a cyst inside the tibia bone?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
Top Orthopedics Answerers
15631377_tn?1448398222
Blank
KaleemMohdBPT