Orthopedics Community
What to do about a cyst inside the tibia bone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

My 16 year old daughter has a cyst inside her right tibia bone near the ankle.  It is about the size of a golf ball.  She has experienced a lot of pain, muscle spasms and her leg is cold in the area of the cyst.  We are getting her in with a doctor that specializes in tumors and cysts, but it may be a month or more before he can see her.  Should I be overly concerned?  I just talked with someone yesterday that had a bone cyst and shattered his arm just doing push-ups.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Small cyst that are not symptomatic or painful  usually require no treatment. if it's bigger.A non-surgical form of treatment is termed "needling" or doing push-up,but  this treatment has a 70% recurrence rate. The definitive treatment for a  cyst is surgical excision.very safe procedure,don't worry.
Good luck!
This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case. Zak Han
Thank you for your insight.  I guess I know everything that you are saying.  Being a mother, I just need reassurance.  I'm sure the doctor will do what is best for her.  I just don't want her to injure herself further.