What to do about a cyst inside the tibia bone?
My 16 year old daughter has a cyst inside her right tibia bone near the ankle.  It is about the size of a golf ball.  She has experienced a lot of pain, muscle spasms and her leg is cold in the area of the cyst.  We are getting her in with a doctor that specializes in tumors and cysts, but it may be a month or more before he can see her.  Should I be overly concerned?  I just talked with someone yesterday that had a bone cyst and shattered his arm just doing push-ups.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Small cyst that are not symptomatic or painful  usually require no treatment. if it's bigger.A non-surgical form of treatment is termed "needling" or doing push-up,but  this treatment has a 70% recurrence rate. The definitive treatment for a  cyst is surgical excision.very safe procedure,don't worry.
Good luck!
This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case. Zak Han
Thank you for your insight.  I guess I know everything that you are saying.  Being a mother, I just need reassurance.  I'm sure the doctor will do what is best for her.  I just don't want her to injure herself further.