Orthopedics Community
What's Nondisplaced acute fracture of the anterior calcaneal proce...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

What's Nondisplaced acute fracture of the anterior calcaneal process?

Does that mean I have fracture on anterior calcaneal going on right now?  I sprain my ankle on Dec 1, 2013.  On that day i went to ER got X-ray, result are normal.  After a week later, I went to orthopedic I took another X-ray, result are normal, no fracture or anything.  On Jan 8, 2014 I went to take MRI, this is what they found out.  Nondisplaced acute fracture of he anterior calcaneal process.  Marrow edema of the talus and medial cuboid, High grade sprains of the anterior talofibular ligament and of the talonavicular ligament.  Small tibiotalar joint effusion.  And Type I os navicular.  Do I need surgery in this condition?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. No, surgery may not be required since the fracture is not displaced (or bone ends are aligned). What you will probably need is a cast for 6-8 weeks followed by physiotherapy. You will need to give complete rest to the foot and weight bearing will have to be avoided until complete healing of fracture and ligament strains. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.