Orthopedics Community
Which surgery first?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Which surgery first?

I have had meniscus surgery on both knees. My left knee is still very painful, and I am heading for a replacement when it is no longer bearable. This latest course of Euflexxa has done little to alleviate the pain.  (Also PT, medication, etc.) I also have a great deal of foot pain on the  upper part of my feet.   I've tried all the conservative treatments, to little avail.  I was told recently that my only recourse is surgery to fuse the joint. My question is, which do I do first?  I have a full time job, and would like to do what will give me the most relief in the shortest amount of time first.  I'm just not sure if my knee is capable of bearing the extra burden of surgery on my opposite leg, or if my painful foot condition will impede my recovery if I replace my knee.  Everybody's a body part specialist, and not willing to discuss the other parts.
Tags: knee replacement, tarsal pain