Who is best qualified to perform ulnar nerve surgery?
My neurologist diagnosed me with moderate to severe ulnar nerver entrappment and recommended surgery. He's referred me to a plastic surgeon in the area who he knows, as I was concerned about the scar (it can be pretty long).  Scar or no scar - who is best qualified to perform the procedure?  A neurosurgeon? A hand surgeon? I googled some reconstructive plastic surgeons with additional hand surgery specialty. I've had the symptoms since early February 2010.
Thank you in advance for responding.
Hello!

You can get yourself operated by a "neurosurgeon" or a "hand surgeon" (plastic surgeon) whoever is experienced  and is close to the place you reside. Your neurologist is the right person to refer you.

Take care!
EVE, please ignore this guy, i've had 4 operations on my left hand.  you need a orthopedic hand doctor, one that has is well known. please don't go to the nearest hand doctor unless he's the best.  my first hand doctor that was close to the house and i did no research on him and i'm sorry i didn't check this guy out first.  check out the schooling the hand doctor had and that he's certified to  work on hands.  don't hurry into your descision, make sure you have the right guy for the job.  good luck  Phill  ps  i've had 4 operations on my left hand and the last one was by my current doctor which had no choice but to totally fuse my wrist.  be careful and do you research.