Why am i hurting now?
I had a spiral fracture to my fibula about a year ago. I had surgery and now have a plate and five screws above my ankle. Once the bone was completly healed, it never really bothered me. but for the past week and a half i have pain ever time i step on it. it used to only hurt at night but now i am in bad pain when i get up. what is wrong and why did it just start to hurt. i dont want to go to the doctor if i dont have to please help
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include re-injuries, hardware issues, inflammations, degenerations, neuro-muscular issues etc. Without a diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try some OTC NSAIDS for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!