Why do I keep pulling muscles?
in the last seven months or so, I've pulled about 40-50 muscles. It's infuriating, and I can't work out why it's happening. Ironically, it started when i decided to exercise less in fear of pulling muscles. I started warming up and stretching, which I hadn't done before, and now I'm pulling muscles a minimum of once a week. I can't do any judo because it really requires all your muscles, and I never exercise it when it's pulled. I rest, ice, compress (usually with a decapitated sock) and elevate. please don't say they're probably just sore, because I know they're pulled. I keep lessening the exercise i'm doing, but I still pull muscles. There's no consistency in the muscles that I pull either. I've pulled both calves, both hamstrings, both quads, both biceps, pectorals, triceps and others multiple times. In fact, while I'm writing this, I have ice filled socks on my arms because I pulled both triceps yesterday. one particular day I did literally no exercise other than walking and typing, but I somehow managed to pull a muscle in my leg. It wasn't bad, admittedly, but it was still confusing and annoying. I've started doing huge amounts of warm ups and stretching the muscles i'm going to exercise, and that has reduced the amount I'm pulling, but it still seems like I'm injured too easily.  
Hello Oliver,

I am sorry that you have experienced the painful muscle issues. I have requested that MedHelp move your question to a forum that may be better able to respond to your post.

We are the Pain Management Forum and do not have physicians to help with a possible diagnosis. You are always welcome here and if you feel you would like to re-post on this forum please feel free to do so.

Best of luck to you and take care,
Tuck
I would advice you to go for an orthopaedic examination to check out if you have any major problems and also would suggest you to perform all activities under a physical trainer. Take care!
Oliver- were you ever given a diagnosis? I am suffering the exact same issue. It's a living nightmare. I'm a former college athlete (graduated 6 months ago) and for the past 6-8 months I've been dealing with this. I've seen 4 different doctors and 3 physical therapists; none of them know what's going on. I've seen two general practitioners, a sports med doctor and a rheumatologist. Ironically, the sports med doctor seemed the most clueless. I'm seeing a neurologist next week, hopefully they can figure it out. Dealing with this is a living hell, I used to be a happy person and this has ruined my life. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.
Have you looked into yin deficiency?