Orthopedics Community
Why do I keep pulling muscles?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why do I keep pulling muscles?

in the last seven months or so, I've pulled about 40-50 muscles. It's infuriating, and I can't work out why it's happening. Ironically, it started when i decided to exercise less in fear of pulling muscles. I started warming up and stretching, which I hadn't done before, and now I'm pulling muscles a minimum of once a week. I can't do any judo because it really requires all your muscles, and I never exercise it when it's pulled. I rest, ice, compress (usually with a decapitated sock) and elevate. please don't say they're probably just sore, because I know they're pulled. I keep lessening the exercise i'm doing, but I still pull muscles. There's no consistency in the muscles that I pull either. I've pulled both calves, both hamstrings, both quads, both biceps, pectorals, triceps and others multiple times. In fact, while I'm writing this, I have ice filled socks on my arms because I pulled both triceps yesterday. one particular day I did literally no exercise other than walking and typing, but I somehow managed to pull a muscle in my leg. It wasn't bad, admittedly, but it was still confusing and annoying. I've started doing huge amounts of warm ups and stretching the muscles i'm going to exercise, and that has reduced the amount I'm pulling, but it still seems like I'm injured too easily.