Why do I still feel pain in my ankle so long after the accident?
I fell down a staircase two months ago and I landed badly on my ankle. After that I went to a hospital, three times, and they took a few x-rays, all of the times, and even put me in a cast. I was on crutches before and after the cast. The doctors couldn't see anything wrong and the ankle is not swollen or bruised. But it still hurts very much. And not only when walking or standing, it's just a pain that won't go away. It's like it's in the bone or the nerves. It's mostly under my foot and leads to the toes. But now it's started to move and now can go all the way up my leg and to my knee and even thigh. What could it possibly be?
Sometimes injuries like this can bother you for a while, but it's concerning that the pain is increasing and going to other parts of your leg- I'd head back to the doctor and let them know about the new issue- it should be checked out for sure.