Orthopedics Community
Worn out Meniscus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worn out Meniscus

Hello I am a very active 59 nearly 60 yr. old I have had othroscopic surgery when it was new in my area in early 80's and the orthapedist who is still a friend told me at that time there was no meniscus left to repair I had worn it out. Am desperatly seeking any one with the tecnology to regenerate any type of replacement!!! Am headed out next weekend to do 40mi on Appachin Trail ( not with the governor of SC ) my name is Pat Condon and my e-mail address i ***@**** and I would appreciate any ideas or advice on proper repair.
Related Discussions
Hello!

You need to see the present scenario in your knees by a latest MRI and follow up with an orthopedician.
If is difficult to repair a damage after some many years.

Meniscus repair and menisci transplantation are also surgical treatment options. Determining the most appropriate meniscus tear treatment is something you can discuss with the orthopedician.  

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank