Worn out Meniscus
Hello I am a very active 59 nearly 60 yr. old I have had othroscopic surgery when it was new in my area in early 80's and the orthapedist who is still a friend told me at that time there was no meniscus left to repair I had worn it out. Am desperatly seeking any one with the tecnology to regenerate any type of replacement!!! Am headed out next weekend to do 40mi on Appachin Trail ( not with the governor of SC ) my name is Pat Condon and my e-mail address i ***@**** and I would appreciate any ideas or advice on proper repair.
Hello!

You need to see the present scenario in your knees by a latest MRI and follow up with an orthopedician.
If is difficult to repair a damage after some many years.

Meniscus repair and menisci transplantation are also surgical treatment options. Determining the most appropriate meniscus tear treatment is something you can discuss with the orthopedician.  

Take care!