Orthopedics Community
Wrist Pain Pinky Side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Wrist Pain Pinky Side

I have been active in lifting weights for some time.  I am a liesure weightlifter, nothing serious.  Recently, I have had to practically discontinue barbell exercise due to a sharp and constant pain at the base of my hand where the wrist starts on the pinky side.  It appears to hurt the most if my wrist is at an angle going FROM my thumb.  I have looked a bit on here and the closest answer I could come up with was something called trinagular fibrocartlidge complex......"something like that".  Anyway, all I know is it hurts when I try to lift the weight as described above and quits hurting if I stop.

Any suggestions would be great
Keith
Hi Keith, You need to squeeze a ball in the palm of your hand about 100 times a day.  This will strengthen that area and the pain will go away in about a couple of weeks.  The kind of ball you're looking for is a small foam ball the size of a tennis ball mostly found in dollar stores.  Good luck!
Hi Keith, Oops!  I meant to say rubber ball, not foam ball.