Wrist locking up
About a year ago, I developed tendonitis in my wrist after having a baby.  Shortly after that, my wrist started locking up.  It locks up at an angle bent towards my thumb.  This happens every night and sometimes during the day.  I have to physically "pop" it back into place.  It isn't painful when it locks up just really annoying.  The extreme pain comes every morning when I push it back in place.  I have been to an ortho.  They did X-rays and an MRI.  All they found was the tendonitis.  About 6 months ago, I had to take prednisone for an unrelated injury and that cleared up the tendonitis as well.  I am still left with a wrist that doesn't work properly.  I have tried bracing, anti-inflammatories, and different exercises.  My ortho has given up.  He doesn't know what is causing it.  Any ideas?

With no injury to any bone confirmed by an X-ray it sure it is a tendon or ligament problem. You try doing physiotherapy and strengthening your tendon under a physiotherapist for a sustained period of time.

If it does not help follow up with an orthopedician.

Take care!
i have to take pain medicine ffor my back and when i take it my wrist starts hurting i have to pop it back and forth to work it loose it is starting to be a habit. i dont know that to do and now both of my wist is doing it.. i am afraid it is going to get worse does anyone know what is causing it.. thanks
I have the same problem, I previously had tendonitis in my wrist. It was treated with a prednisone shot which was a temporary cure. Now when I move my wrist a certain way it tends to lock up. I was told I probably need physical therapy....Not sure...A few years ago I had it in my thumb, it was cured with prednisone. If you find anything out let me know...
I have the issue of moving my wrist to lift my hand up, such as driving or even just picking up a pen to write and my wrist locks into this position. It is painful enough that I stop and cry out, and it releases as soon as I stop the movement. It may repeat or not happen for a while. It happens more in colder weather. My fingers and thumbs are starting to deform due to some type of arthritis and I fear that is at the root of this issue as well. Any ideas or info? I've been searching on line without much luck.

I have the same thing but I havnt gone to a doctor or anything, mine too came after I had a child and I play video games on my pc and after a while when ever I get off I realize my wrist locked up the bent position it was when I was typing i pop it back with out pain but when I do experience pain is when I try to lift myself up with my palm down I have to make fist to push off of. I found this article because I was being curious what it can be but so far this is the only thing i've found about it and it seems y'all are clueless too :(