Orthopedics Community
Wrist pain, popping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Wrist pain, popping

Good afternoon,
After a weekend of using an automated "two-man" auger to dig posts in our yard for a fence installation, I am experiencing pain and popping in my right wrist. The machine required some force to use and emitted a lot of vibration. This hand was used to control the throttle, which is similar to motorcycle throttle that requires forward and backward hand motion and a constant position to maintain speed. No other pain anywhere else. But, the wrist pain is irritating since I'm in IT and required to type throughout the day. A google on the symptoms returned torn ligament as a possibility but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike (29-y/o male)
Hello dear,
The wrist pain  may be due to the following causes-
• Tendonitis is a common problem that can cause wrist pain and swelling. Wrist tendonitis is due to inflammation of the tendon sheath. Treatment of wrist pain caused by tendonitis usually does not require surgery.
• Sprain
Wrist sprains are common injuries to the ligaments around the wrist joint. Sprains can cause problems by limiting the use of our hands.
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is the condition that results from dysfunction of one of the nerves in the wrist. In carpal tunnel syndrome the median nerve is compressed, or pinched off, as it passes through the wrist joint.
• Arthritis
Arthritis is a problem that can cause wrist pain and difficulty performing normal activities. There are several causes of arthritis, and fortunately there are a number of treatments for wrist arthritis.
• Fractures
A wrist fracture is a common orthopedic injury. Patients who sustain a broken wrist may be treated in a cast, or they may need surgery for the fracture
You should get an evaluation done.
Refer http://orthopedics.about.com/od/handwrist/a/wristpain.htm
Best