Orthopedics Community
Wrist pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Wrist pain

Can anyone help me to find out why my wrist is hurting?  I have been having pain in my right wrist for a month now.  It has been popping and I can hardly hold anything in my hand.  I cant even turn my hand palm side up to far without it hurting.  I just dont know what else to do.  I have had the capal tunnel surgery done on it a few months ago.  
     How are you? Your symptoms resemble that of a carpal tunnel syndrome; unable to hold, pain, limited motion in the hand etc. Does your condition get worse in the nights? What was the cause for carpal tunnel syndrome previously?
The usual causes are pregnancy, hypothyroidism, arthritis, obesity, over use like continuous typing, diabetes, and trauma.

Some rare diseases can cause deposition of abnormal substances in and around the carpal tunnel, leading to nerve irritation. These diseases include amyloidosis, sarcoidosis, multiple myeloma and leukemia.

I would suggest that the cause for carpal tunnel syndrome should be detected and treatment should be directed against it. Treatment options include splinting, anti-inflammatory agents, and surgery. The surgical release is performed via a small incision using conventional surgery or a fiberoptic scope (endoscopic carpal tunnel repair).
Also there could be failure of the previous surgery. It would be better to get an opinion of a orthopaedician in this regard.
Best.
He thought it might be from my elbow surgery.  I cant remember what its called but he moved a nerve from under my elbow to the top.  So he thought the wrist pain was from that and did a release carpal tunnel surgery.  Well my wrist still pops and hurts now on the outside of it.  I dont loose feeling its just weak and hard to do anything with.  I have been wearing a brace that i was given when i had the carpal tunnel surgery but it does not seem to be working.  I will give him a call tomorrow and see what he thinks.  
Well its not from the carpal tunnel surgery.  Now I dont know what to do.  I need to talk to a different doctor, I am getting no where with this and I have less and less range of motion with my wrist.