Orthopedics Community
X-RAYS SHOW PROBLEMS C4-C7, C5-C6, L2/L3 L5/S1 L2/3 L5/S1

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I recently asked my GP to do some Plain x-rays of my spine I have not been referred to a consultant or offered any treatment just told I have arthrists.

These are the results of the x-rays:

CERVICAL SPINE
Severe spondylotic changes are shown in te lower cervical spine with marked narrowing of the dis spaces from C4 to C7 and marginal osteophyte formation. There is minimal loss of alignment at C5/C6 level. Posterior osteophytes on C4 on C5 are encroaching on the interverebra formina. Degenerative changes are shown at the facet joints.

THORACIC SPINE
Mild scoliosis of mid-thoracic spine concave to the right noted. Spondylotic changes are show with slight narrowing of the disc spaces and marginal osteophyte formation. The pedicles are intact. The vertebrare are in good alingment.

LUMBAR SPINE
Ther is loss of normal lumbar lordosis. Scoliosis of the lumbar spine concave to the right noted. Spondylotic change are shown with marked narrowing of L2/L3 and L5/S1 disc spaces and to a lesser extent the other disc spaces. Marginal ostephyte formation on L2/1, L5/S1 The vertebrae are in good alignment

RIGHT KNEE
Early OA changes are shown with slight narrowing of the medial compartment of tibio-femoral joint
Hello dear,

Osteophytes which are protrusions of bone and cartilage are very common and develop in areas of a degenerating joint With age, the vertebrae (the component bones of the spine) gradually form bone spurs, and their shock-absorbing disks slowly shrink.
These changes can alter the alignment and stability of the spine
However, about 50% of people over age 50 experience neck pain and stiffness due to cervical spondylosis. Of these people, 25-40% have at least one episode of cervical radiculopathy, a condition that arises when osteophytes compress nerves between the vertebrae. Another potential problem occurs if osteophytes, degenerating disks, or shifting vertebrae narrow the spinal canal. This pressure compresses the spinal cord and its blood vessels, causing cervical spondylitic myelopathy, a disorder in which large segments of the spinal cord are damaged. This disorder affects fewer than 5% of people with cervical spondylosis. Symptoms of both cervical spondylitic myelopathy and cervical radiculopathy may be present in some people.
.
In your case there are osteophytic formations in the cervical ,thoraxic and lumbar areas and also wear and tear of the tibio femoral joint.
You should consult go in for a MRI  to know the pathology in detail and get it evaluated from a neuro physician.

Best