abnormal x ray
Hi all

Looking for advice, Had knee pain on and off for like 2 years last few weeks its been really bad when i bend down i cant get back up if i keep it bent for more than 15secs it throbs so bad there is also a boney lump at my tibia, I went to gp got sent for x ray it has came back showing bone hardening and bone narrowing. I have been refered to orthopedics but appointment is a month away and im worried.

Anyone have any idea what this could be or anything i can do to help the pain,
We need a detailed clinical evaluation to arrive at a diagnosis.  It seems that you have the condition known as Osgood-Schlatters disease. Although I might be wrong and we have to consider other possible causes too.

In the meantime, this injury needs rest if it is to heal properly. Avoid  movements or activity that will aggravate the pain.  Icing the affected area also may help. If you're uncomfortable, try using over-the-counter pain medications.

I hope this helps! Take care!
hi Thanks i will try all that stuff as it is really sore, The reason im worried is because there has never been any injury to the knee its just appeared, My Gp said my x ray is baffling as it is showing things that would appear in an elderly persons x ray not a girl in her early twenties.