Orthopedics Community
achilles tendinitis and extreme cold leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Have hadachilles tenonitis for over a year.  It has gradually got worse where more tendons are affected and swelling of leg.  

I started physio and have some exercises to do.  Previously have tried most painkillers, rest, ice, support

However, The other week because of accient i ended up walking near 2 miles and it seems to have affected my tendons more.

I am now experiencing extreme cold leg/ foot.

Is this related?   i dont go to see my physio for a few weeeks yet?

I am still using painkillers and support

Michelle
Hey Michelle!

Cold leg/ foot is not a normal symptom of achilles tendonitis or any inflammation and could suggest a vascular compromise. If this began all of a sudden or acutely, you may consider visiting the ER to look for vascular issues. If it has been present since sometime, you may consider visiting a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an evaluation and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hey Michelle!

Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is something new that began all of a sudden.

No amount of socks could keep it warm.

Many thanks