Orthopedics Community
achilles tendon

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

achilles tendon

I tore my Achilles tendon 2 years ago I was in a walking boot for several months and it was healing however I fell and blew out my opposite knee, and was taken out of the boot with no physical therapy.Of course the healing was reversed.
I am currently under the care of a podiatrist here in TN, and he agrees that the next step is to fuse the ankle in order to reduce the pain as I am not able to work at this time, however as I have no insurance we are not able to do the needed surgery at this time. Also this ankle is a total surgical reconstruction  due to an injury in my childhood, and i feel alot of the docs around here are reluctant to get into the foot to do the surgery as a result.
So my question is this :
I need to find a ortho/podiatry teaching hospital that might consider doing the surgery on a pro bono basis, I feel that with the unique anatomy of my foot and the current status of my foot it might be a case with excellent learning  potential.
It may be possible that I could relocate as needed to facilitate this as I have no ties to the area I am currently in; I relocated here after Hurricane Katrina.
I am only seeking this assistance so that I may return to work and not become one of the many who are on disability needlessly.
I just want to get back on my feet both literally and figuratively.
Any suggestion would be welcomed.