Orthopedics Community
adductor tear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

adductor tear

Ten months ago my 16 years old daughter was injured while cheerleading.  During a toe touch she felt a tear and severe pain in her inner thigh.  A week later she still had severe pain and was unable to put her full weight on her right leg.  She had severe bruising and swelling from her inner thigh half way to her knee and around to her butt.  I took her to an orthopedic doctor.  He told us she had an adductor tear and it would take some time to heal.  two months later she still had pain to the inner thigh.  she started physical therapy and six weeks later her pain was worse and no improvement to range of motion.  It was suggested to see a sports specialist in Los Angeles which we did.  That doctor told my daughter that her cheerleading career was over and she would br lucky to play with her kids when she was older.  Thats it!!  Back to her orthopedic again.  She started pt again with specific range of motion stretches.  One r.a.m seemed to work.  The pt put his thumb on her spine and pressed down and was able to rotate and lift her leg from 40 degree to 80 degree.  when he took his thumb away she was only able to rotate and lift to 40 again.  Went for mri of spine and it showed 2-3mm buld from T12 L1 to L5-S1 without central or lateral spinal stenosis.  With all this information yet another sport specialist has stated she has two sports hernias and adductor tear as well as her hip bones protruding over her femoral head.  She had been refered to two additional specialists for surgery.  Im so confused right now.  Two surgerys!  One for hernias/adductor and one for her hip.  Am I doing the right thing?  What are  my other options?
Tags: adductor
"The pt put his thumb on her spine and pressed down and was able to rotate and lift her leg from 40 degree to 80 degree.  when he took his thumb away she was only able to rotate and lift to 40 again"

Which means your daughter is suffering from soft tissue injuries in lower back ,it can lead to conductible pain to hip and buttock which can become worse over time. Given  functional limitations it's now placing on her, it probably is time to consult with a reputable doctor for second opinion.

"2-3mm buld from T12 L1 to L5-S1 without central or lateral spinal stenosis."

I don't think it make sense.......

"hip bones protruding over her femoral head"

Does X-ray showed this?
__________________________________________________________
Take care!
*** Just personal opinion,I'm not registered dc