Orthopedics Community
after de Quervain's tenosynovitis Surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I had de quervain's tenosynovitis release surgery on 06/29/12 right after I felt great and everything was going good until 7/21/12, That night I was doing home therapy when I felt a Pop in my wrist and the worst pain I have ever felt so that night I took a pain pill and went to sleep. It has now been 6 days and I was able to get in to my Dr today that told me he believes the 2 tendons that going in that part of my thumb popped over and now are right on top of each other. The pain is not going away and now I can't feel half of my hand and the half I can feel the pain is so bad when I move it I want to cry. The Dr put me back in PT for this and is hoping it will get better. Does anyone know anyways to make the pain less or to make the tendon go back in to it spot my wrist is popping nonstop every time I move it.. Please let me know if anyone knows what I can do for this.
Hi there!

If issues like tendon/ ligament injuries, dislocation etc are ruled out and tendon positioning is believed to be the cause, physiotherapy is the best suitable conservative method at this time. Warm compresses/ ice packs and tylenol and NSAIDS may be helpful for pain relief. If things do not seem to get better with physiotherapy, I would suggest seeking a review with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this helps.

Take care!