Orthopedics Community
after surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

after surgery

I had rotator cuff surgery in early sept. and golfer and tennis elbow ulnar nerve surgery in Feb 07. My ?'s are as follows: The elbow seemed to do very well up untill the surgery for the rotator cuff In Dec. of 06 I was tipping a fryer basket and felt a large pop in elbow the pain was terrible all the way to shoulder. My job for three years started as a food handler for a company lifting 35-50 pounds on a 6 to 8 hour shift or on a line making sandwiches this I did for 2 years than I moved to a facikity where I was a cook the grill was very large and had a long reach, thats when the elbow and shoulder really became bothersome. Than came the day when I tipped the fryer basket and all hell broke/ Well first the doctor said the shoulder was referred pain from the elbow we did injections rest and PT  to no avail so surgery. during post op pt I complained a lot about shoulder and bicep pain. We did ultra sound on them but did not relieve pain. Doc injeceted the shoulder as well no help so off for a MRI torn rotator. Still he doesn't think it came from tipping fryer basket. Had that surgery in Sept. having major problems WC after 2 doc's one being a causation doc. and after surgery sends records to a independt records reveiw, that doc says it's degenrative I am 44 years old the tear was 50% can that be degenrative? I didn't do alot of overhead lifting but my job was very repetitive with long raeches and heavy lifting, can these cause tears? I never had pain till that day. Also since the surgery I still have bi-cep pain and after surgery I had a catching on shoulder through PT it finally snapped and now I can't reach to pull pants up, brush hair , snap bra, put hand in back pocket, put coat on. Doctor thought maybe frozen shoulder PT says NO any ideas? sorry post is so long but I am losing it, next will be anti depressents. Thanks for any comment in advance.
Tags: workmens compensatio