Orthopedics Community
alternative to mobic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

alternative to mobic

I have been on Mobic for a herniated disc and had very good results.  Initially I was on 15 mg but it has been reduced to 7.5 and it works very effectively.  My problem is I worry about the ill effects it may cause.  In addition I like to have a glass of wine or a beer once in a while and I am now so fearful of having either.   I would like to find some type of effective alternative that would not have all these possible harmful effects.  Any suggestions?
Hi!
I am glad that your pain is managed by a lower dose of Mobic. You can opt for alternative therapies. One such method is wearing specially designed corsets to hold your spine in place while you move around. Restricting the spine movement at the desired points also reduces the pain. Manual traction and physiotherapy too is often helpful in managing the pain by strengthening the back muscles. Also sometimes a heating pad or a hot water bottle helps ease the tired muscles. When you do all these on a daily basis you will be able to avoid Mobic on and off.  Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.