ankle pain and swelling two weeks after cast removal for 5th metatarsal surgery
i had a fractured 5th metatarsal bone and it didn't heal so they did resection of the base of the left 5th metatarsal which basically he said he took the piece that was broken off removed it and reattached the tendon, after that i was in a cast for 5 weeks and now i got it off almost 2 weeks ago and my ankle is extremely swollen and painful is there any reason it should be like this? since i never had a problem with my ankle!
Hi!
After any foot surgery there can be some swelling of the foot that can also be felt at the ankle. However, the swelling can also be due to an old injury or due to bleeding at the site of surgery or due to infection. It is important to raise your foot on a stool while sitting or keep it elevated on a pillow when you are sitting on the bed. Also, please inform your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.