Orthopedics Community
ankle pain not healing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

ankle pain not healing

last july,2011 while playing football i sprained my ankle. i was going to hit a long shot(not punch) bt accidentaly i hit my leg on the groung with no contact with the ball. my foot got bent outward. i thought it might be a minor pain and so i waited for 2 months. but it did not heal.
inspite of that i did not go to the doctor because i got a zonal tournament on october. i played the tournament with the injury but it was my luck that i did not get more injured.but still i couldnt hit shots but jst run with the ball and pass.
1 month late i again ran in an athletic meet eith the  leg.it was totally normal.
but now also running is not a factor.i am not able to bent my leg outwards because of the previous injury.so i am not able to play football because while hitting a shot the leg has to bend slightly outwards and then it hurts a lot.
so i want to know whether my leg will ever heal or not and will i ever be able to play football?if yes,then how?
please suggest
Hi, it's really hard for anyone to be able to diagnose online, but you may want to try posting to one of our experts.  They are on the right hand side of this community under Related Forums and click on Experts.

Orthopedics & Sports Medicine:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Orthopedics--Sports-Medicine/show/317

Good Luck and please keep us posted!

C~