ankle swelling, pain, won't go away
I fell off my roof in November and dislocated my ankle, along with fracturing my fibula, had to have surgery with plate and screws to fix it. Then I had surgery in May to remove the hardware because of excess swelling and pain. But the pain and swelling is still as bad as ever, so my ortho ordered a mri and said my tendons were damaged and subluxing(I think that's the word) so I would probably need surgery to repair. Has anyone out there had problems with there tendons like this, and what did you do for them. With every step my ankle tendons on the outside of my ankle pop back and forth over the bone, and it's quite painful, and quite swollen. I have done therapy and now wear orthodics, things my ortho thought would help but hasn't. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I had ankle surgery too but my surgery was ankle fusion surgery and my hardware is permanent and will not be removed.  It still hurts, I was told it would hurt forever but the surgery was to make it stable so I can atleast walk.  The whole thing has been a nightmare.  You are not alone.  I am here if you need to talk or need anything.