Orthopedics Community
ankle weak

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

ankle weak

Hi, I had ankle pain again even though so long, I went to physio and it suppose to be healing but then recently the pain came back. My therapist said it is ankle weak and need to do exercise to strengthen the ligaments. I want to know is there any other way to eliminate the pain? If I had done the strengthening exercises does it really helping my ankle to be better and the pain will stop? Thanks in advance!
Avatar_dr_m_tn

I would suggest you to go to an orthopedician for an examination and diagnose if you have any bony involvement. If there is ligament involvement you would need to rest, put your ankle in a brace and apply icepacks for the pain and after the pain decreases and the ligament heals you can start physiotherapy for at least 4 weeks.

You have to differentiate if it is an acute or chronic problem and proper history and a proper course of treatment can be planned with the help of an orthopedician.

Take care!

I had been on ankle brace and on physio for 2 months earlier on, I thought it was ok already so I stopped the physio for 3 weeks already but then the pain came back. Earlier on my ortho surgeon said I had arthritis due to earlier ligament injury. At the end of the day I always feel my ankle is giving way, sore and feeling tenderness. Any advice on this? Thanks
hmm....my ortho surgeon said that I have injury arthritis so I have to bear with the pain for long term
pl. get your Vitamin D3 level checked.