bad wrist pain
My right wrist has been hurting for the past couple of days.  I can't bend my wrist forward much, I can't move it backwards at all, and side to side hurts as well.  It feels almost like all the bones are needing to be popped like my knuckles when I cant pop them.  I feel them moving when I try to move my wrist.  I though I may have just slept on it wrong.  I havent done anything phyisical to hurt it, unless typing all day can do it.  I don't have the symptoms of Carpal tunnel, no tingeling or numbness.  Should I keep trying to move it or keep it in a splint? I don't have any heath insurance otherwise I would simply go to my Dr.
Please help me and thankyou!
Hello Dear,
Your symptoms relate to wrist sprain,where , the ligaments of the wrist are stretched beyond their normal limits.

Treatment of a sprained wrist (in cases where there is no fracture or significant instability) isas follows. If you are unsure of the severity of your sprained wrist, talk to your doctor before beginning any treatment or rehab.
Rest:
The first 24-48 hours after the injury is considered a critical treatment period and activities need to be curtailed. Gradually use the involved wrist as much as tolerated, by try to avoid any activities that cause pain. Using a wrist splint in the early stages following injury will help control your symptoms.
• Ice:
For the first 48 hours post-injury, ice the sprained wrist 20 minutes at a time every 3-4 hours. The ice pack can be a bag of frozen vegetables (peas or corn), allowing you to be able to re-use the bag. Another popular treatment method is to fill paper cups with water then freeze the cup. Use the frozen cube like an ice cream cone, peeling away paper as the ice melts. Do NOT ice a wrist sprain for more than 20 minutes at a time!! You will not be helping heal the sprained wrist any faster, and you can cause damage to the tissues! Learn how to ice an injury here...
• Compression:
Use compression when elevating the sprained wrist in early treatment. Using an Ace bandage, wrap the wrist from the base of the fingers all the way up to the top of the forearm, overlapping the elastic wrap by one-half of the width of the wrap. The wrap should be snug, but not cutting off circulation to the hand and wrist. So, if your fingers become cold, blue, or tingle, re-wrap!
• Elevate:
Keep your sprained wrist higher than your heart as often as possible. Elevate at night by placing pillows under your arm.
Hope this helps.
Refer http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sprainsstrains/a/wristsprain_2.htm
Best