Orthopedics Community
blisters on foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

blisters on foot

hi. ive been having problems with my left foot for about a week or so now. I got these calasses and blisters on my left foot that sometimes itch and now whenever I take off my sock, the blisters show up. I peel them off but some are so bad i pull off the skin and they bleed a little. I wash them daily and put goldbond powder in my shoes and in my socks and still get them. I dont know if I have athlete's foot or something else. The blisters I have are near the middle to bottom of the foot and on the side. two of the blisters that have bled are starting to make my foot hurt to the point I can't plant it. I've used moisturizer and have been washing daily. I can withstand the pain but I dunno what else to do. I thought of soaking my foot in epson salt but haven't yet. is this a good idea?

i would like some help soon because this thing is bothering me.

thanks
Avatar dr m tn
hello dear metalgod99,
yes you are right in the treatment part.
You nee to put a lot of moisturizers , dip it in salt, et I am happy with the treatment you are giving to your foot.
Also , please don't peel them off. It won't help to the root cause.
Also, whenever you are free, remove the socks and shoes. Let your foot breath a little.
And also, wear soft shoes, silicon soles. It will give them smooth surface.

Regards
abhijeet
thanks a lot for the help. ill keep doing what I can for the foot and see how it is in a week or so
Avatar dr m tn
hello friend,
tht's the spirit. Keep doing it and keep us posted.
all the best.
regards
abhijeet
still blistering a bit but its a little better than it was before. still putting moisturizer and showering my feet so we'll see how it is in a week.

Avatar dr m tn
hi
yes my dear friend,
soles take time to heal. give them good time to breathe. lot of time to breathe. they will be surely happy with you..
10-14 days , and you will have real smooth soles.

regards
ok thanks