bone islands
I have had sore heels for the last few months and i have had an X-Ray done on both my feet.
The results on the X-Ray show i have 2 scleratic densities on my right cuboid bone in my foot and is highly suggestive of bone island.
Could some one please explain the meaning of this.
Please help
Chapp
Further to my X-ray i have had a CT scan done and have confirmed diagnosis of Bone Islands. Can someone please explain this to me. My Doctor has advised me that this should not be the cause of my sore feet and heels. What else could be causing my sore feet and heels. Also how sure the bone islands are not malignant.

Could someone please respond to my above questions and now this one.

I was told I have a bone island on the second metatarsal.  After x-rays and MRI studies my doctor feels I need an opinion of a muscle & bone doctor specializing in tumors to rule out malignant possibly.  I have pain off and on in that toe area and my doctor claims a benign bone island should not have pain.  I am 65 and have never had cancer.
Is it true that you shouldn't have pain in a bone island area?

A bone island, also known as an enostosis, is a focus of compact bone located in cancellous bone.

This is a benign entity that is usually found incidentally on imaging studies; however, the bone island may mimic a more sinister process, such as an osteoblastic metastasis
(Cancer from some other organ)

Bone islands are almost invariably asymptomatic lesions that do not result in laboratory abnormalities. So your Physician has given you proper advice and you have to confirm:  if it is malignant or not without delay.

Take care!