Orthopedics Community
bone spur and sclerosis of pubic symphysis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

This is what was discovered on my xray. Ive had two general practitioners tell me this is bizaar. I go to see a orthopedic surgeon on the 30th. Does anyone know anything about this? What can they do to help me? I'm currently in a lot of pain and on percocets 10/635mgs.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

The reason for sclerosis should be found out. Osteitis pubis is one condition.
Osteitis pubis, first described is characterized by inflammation of the pubic symphysis, which is the joint at the front of the pelvis between the two ends of the pubic bone. This inflammation leads to sclerosis and bony changes of the pubis symphysis, causing both acute and chronic groin pain.

Pain killers should be considered and also try to go to an Orthopedician at the earliest for examination and second opinion so that you will go in for proper line of treatment.

Take care!