Orthopedics Community
bone spur in c5 -c6

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

bone spur in c5 -c6

Hi there,

My MRI show moderate bone spur in c5-c6 and some narrowing of my spinal cord canal(?).   I have a lot of pain, muscle spasm & muscle knots on my left neck and shoulder.  Also, terrible, I mean terrible back pain.  The numbness in my left arm and pain had pretty much gone away after 5 months of physical therapy but I still have a lot of pain in my neck and the back.  The cervical traction and ultrasound therapy seem to help and so does Inverstion table.  When I'm hanging upside down I feel no pain.  Do I need the surgery to remove the spur to get rid of this awful pain or will the traction & stretching eventually do the work?  I'm just so tired of living this pain.   I want to avoid the surgery if I could.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.    Thank you.

This discussion is related to Spinal Surgery.