Orthopedics Community
broken screws in my tib fib/ wet cast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

broken screws in my tib fib/ wet cast

i broke my tib fib in december of 09, i had 3 plates and 13 screws put in my leg. I was doing great up until about 5 weeks ago I had a lot of pain in my leg, i went to the Dr. and they told me i have two broken screws, they put me in a cast for 3 weeks then changed out to a new cast last week, I got water in my cast from showering and I want to know if i can take my cast off myself? will this effect my insurance? I will go back to the Dr. to get a new cast but i just need this oone off!! Its Memorial day and i have to wait till tomorrow to make an appt to come in and replace the cast... i dont think i can. The cast got wet yesterday at 5 pm