Orthopedics Community
bruised index finger knuckle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

bruised index finger knuckle

Hi! I was playing the game "Hot Hands" with a friends a couple months ago. He hit me (open palm) to the back of my left hand a bunch of times. I woke up the next day and the back of my left hand (around the index finger knuckle) became bruised and tender. When I tried to type at my job, I noticed the joint was stiff. The bruising went away after about 2 weeks, and the stiffness got better. However, I still feel a bit of stiffness in the index finger knuckle, and sometimes, I feel a very mild throbbing...as if it's bruised on the inside. In any case, it's been about 2 months since the game. When will my finger lose the stiffness? And should I tape it up, or splint it?

Thank you!
Tags: friends, tender