Orthopedics Community
bruised kneecap?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

bruised kneecap?

A few weeks ago I was playing in a softball game and I think I hit a small rock with my right knee when I dove back into third base. My knee swelled immediately in that location; it looked like I had an egg sitting on my kneecap. I also had some fluid in the rest of my knee. The skin bruised a little but it didn't look too bad. I lost the feeling in a small portion of that area of my knee that I still can't feel.  It got a little better but every time I hit it it re-swells and feels really sharp and burning like I have a knife shoved in it. Anyway, I think I bruised my kneecap. Can anyone confirm this?
Tags: Knee, bruise
Avatar dr m tn
You have damaged some ligaments/tendons and whenever you are trying to put pressure on that particular point of damage you are having problems with swelling and the symptoms returning back. You need to go near an Orthopaedician to assess the damage what you have done and take preventive measures and also for treatment. Take care!