Orthopedics Community
bulge on side of foot above the arch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

bulge on side of foot above the arch

i have a bulge on the side of my foot....towards the toes. i do alot of walking...what could this possibly be? it hurts a bit and seems to decrease in size sometimes.
Hi!
A bulge in the side of the foot can be due to  fracture of cuboid bone, ligament tear, arthritis of small joints of foot, or due to soft tissue injury due to foot rubbing against the sole of the walking shoes. I suggest you decrease walking until this resolves, and apply alternate hot and cold packs, take anti-inflammatory, and give rest to foot. Consult an orthopedic specialist as soon as you can. Take care!