burning, stinging pain in shin
I am experiencing a burning, stinging pain in the outer front area of my right shin, upwards toward the knee area. I have had no knee injury and there is no knee pain of any kind going on. It is not the knee, it is entirely in the shin. The only time it hurts is when I apply pressure to the area as in kneeling down on it or pushing against something on that area. It is the strangest pain, almost like when you hit your funny bone. It is very intensely painful to the point of not being able to tolerate it, and afterwards the area will stay painful for awhile, and yet also numb feeling. After a few weeks the pain will disappear and be gone for months before acting up again. I cannot even begin to figure out what it is, and no one seems to have a clue, even though I have seen a number of questions on here about this strange pain. I need to repeat...there is nothing that I am aware of going on with my knee...it is all in the shin. Thanks ahead if ANYone can shed some light!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the possible cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include stress fractures, muscle inflammation, periostitis, vitamin/ micro-nutrient deficiencies, neuro-muscular/ vascular issues etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician or a sports medicine specialist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!